Friday, July 20, 2012

No Sew Pillowcase Bag

When Ian and I had first merged our linens I ended up with a large pile of stray pillowcases. Ian was just going to toss them, but then I remembered coming across a pin on Pinterest a few months back. Someone had turned an old pillowcase into a bag. Kudos to the originator of this idea because it really is genius and so simple.

The tutorial I first found included cutting and sewing the pillowcase. I hate sewing and will find any way I can to avoid it. It's not that I hate sewing actually, I am just really terrible at it and do not really have the patience.  

So...why not just cut the pillowcase and tie it? They will make handy and responsible shopping bags. I just throw them in my purse so I always have one on hand at the store.

No Sew Pillowcase Bag

 

1. Fold the pillowcase in half.

2. Decide how deep you want the bag to be or how wide an arm hole you would like. Then cut.

3. Tie the two ends together and pull tight in both directions to make sure that the knot is secure. 

That's it! 

I have tested them several times with my groceries and so far, so good! Now I always have a bag on-hand!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment