Thursday, June 28, 2012

The Beginning...

My previously skeptical self always balked at the notion- When it’s right you will just know.
Well, I wouldn't say I “knew” right away when I met Ian, but it did not take very long at all.
On our very first date, we sat and talked for7 hours straight (our apologies to our server). That was definitely my first clue that this was different.
 
When he asked if I wanted to go to the Home Show on our 2nd date, I thought he was too good to be true.

By our 3rd date I became certain that we were embarking on something new and that I was sitting next to a very special man. One that was not going to go anywhere, anytime soon.

Now down to business and the reason I am exposing my new found cheesy core to the world. A week after Ian and I began dating, he closed on a house. A wonderfully old and beautiful house with tons of potential.

Which brings me to our 4th date - a week in. Ian invited me to meet me at his new house right after he had closed on it and picked up the keys.  
    
I loved the house right away. It needed a lot of work, but had so much character and potential. Listening to Ian describe everything he had planned for the house was very attractive to me. He knew what he was talking about, and he was not afraid of all the work he had ahead of him. He was able to see the potential this 60 year old cape cod style house had...and I was able to see the potential he and I had...

By our 5th date, Ian and I were in work boots and safety glasses blissfully gutting the upstairs together...

Fast forward...
Today, Ian has passed his final inspection!! Tomorrow we are moving his furniture into the bedroom. The upstairs is finished. Almost. The bathroom has been gutted and redone. The living room and dining room have been painted and the lawn has been mowed...several times.

And in less than a month I will be moving in...and I have never been happier.


No comments:

Post a Comment